Apparently yesterday was the last day of the British summer. Today temperature has dropped to 16° degrees and we have had a proper showery day! Good excuse to restart cooking some hearty, comfort soups like this one made with roast butternut squash, carrots and potatoes.
Roast Butternut Squash, Carrot and Potato Soup Ingredients
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 carrots
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup of hot water
- salt, basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to a medium-high temperature (I set my fan oven to about 180 degrees)
- Cut the squash lengthways into halves, arrange in a baking tray and then roast in the oven for around 40-50 minutes.
- Steam or boil carrots and potatoes.
- Once the squash is cooked through, leave to one side to cool before peeling off the skin.
- Transfer all the vegetables to a food processor with hot water. Season with salt and oil, then blend until smooth.