As I always suggest to my clients, weight loss and healthy eating is all about carefully planning weekly shopping. Planning ahead and making sure that you have all the ingredients you need in advance will make much easier following weekly menu plans and help you to save time on organization and cooking.
This Menu Weekly Planner PDF template is an useful tool to organize your weekly shopping with success! And also remember:
- Don’t shop on an empty stomach.
- Read the labels, sugar and fat are well hidden so be careful!
- Buy yourself non fattening alternatives (but mind sugar quantities).
- Buy food as fresh and unprocessed possible and eat them afterwards. Buy organic whenever possible.
- Eat more raw food.
- Cook food as whole as possible, slicing or blending before serving.
- Use as little water as possible, preferably steaming.
- Don’t overcook, burn or brown food.
- Keep frying to a minimum and avoid deep frying altogether.
- Use olive oils rather than butter or vegetable oils.